Authentic Headcollar, Farm Tours Among Silent Auction Items to Benefit CASA of Lexington – Horse Racing News
CASA of Lexington’s annual Bourbon and Bayou Silent Auction once again features many items of interest for thoroughbred racing enthusiasts.
The silent auction is now open at BandB2022.givesmart.com. Items of interest include:
- A halter worn by Authentic, winner of the 2020 Kentucky Derby and Breeders’ Cup Classic.
- A tour of Ashford Stud Farm, home of Triple Crown winners American Pharoah and Justify, and an authenticated halter worn by Uncle Mo, one of America’s top bulls.
- A 24″ by 48″ painting of Enrique Gonzalez, “A Day at the Races”, valued at $400.
- Tickets to six lodges at Keeneland for the Spring Meet.
- Four tickets to the Kentucky Horse Park.
- A Keeneland set worth nearly $500 that includes a Keeneland etched highball glass and decanter set, a Draper James “Hold Your Horses” clutch, a Keeneland tie, and fine leather goods.
CASA of Lexington’s Bourbon and the Bayou event is scheduled for the evening of February 25, the “Fat Friday” before Fat Tuesday. Fred Seitz, owner of Brookdale Farm, is the honorary chair of the event. The event will take place at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike in Lexington.
Attendance is not required to bid on Silent Auction items. Bidding closes on all items promptly at 9:45 p.m. ET on Friday, February 25.
“Anyone interested in these incredible items donated by the equine industry and artists – or any of our other incredible items – can bid online from anywhere until auction closes,” Melynda said. Jamison, executive director of CASA of Lexington. “This year we’re also auctioning off a two-night getaway to Gasparilla Island in Boca Grande, Florida, a football autographed by Bengals catcher Tyler Boyd, a gorgeous pair of horse and much more.The best part is that 100% of the proceeds go to help abused and neglected children in Central Kentucky.
More information about the event is available on the auction’s website, BandB2022.givesmart.com.
ONLINE: BandB2022.givesmart.com / www.casaoflexington.org / www.facebook.com/CASAofLexington